Finishing and binding
Printed sheets obtain their final form and appearance in the Finishing and Binding Department, where several finishing processes (cutting, folding, gathering) prepare them for binding. The type of binding to be chosen depends on the type and purpose of the product and its wide range of options – from gathered products, spiral and soft cover binding, to hardcovers of the highest quality for books with long-term use and frequent turning of pages. Lamination, embossing, hot foil stamping and other various finishing processes are solutions that will not only give a memorable appearance to covers and jackets, but also add a special touch and a distinctive effect. We can insert and glue various supplements or advertising product samples onto products, foil wrap the products, as well as personalize and address them. Thanks to our long-standing experience, we are able to fulfil any specific requirement, and we will be more than glad to help you choose an optimum solution.
Finishing processes and preparation for binding
- 4 high-speed cutters (Polar/Perfecta)
- 4 folding machines (Stahlfolder/Heidelberg Stahlfolder)
- 2 gathering machines Horizon International
- 2 sewing machines Müller Martini
- newly installed sewing machine Müller Martini Ventura MC200
Special finishing services
- various machines for lamination, hot foil stamping, embossing, die-cutting, creasing, perforating, etc.
- 2 Müller Martini machines for soft cover binding with saddle stitching, with up to 9 feeder stations
- Müller Martini line for soft cover perfect binding, with 20 feeder stations
- Sigloch-Kolbus Compact BF 60 hardcover binding line, for sewn or perfect bound book blocks, with a combination of water dispersion and Hotmelt glue or PUR glue
- two spiral binding machines Rilecart
Foil wrapping and addressing
- Sitma C-80-750 line for inserting of supplements, gluing of cards and advertising samples, foil wrapping and variable inkjet addressing